Ready to join us?
What are you aiming for in a career?
If you're wondering it there's a better job out there for you—one that maximizes your talents, provides opportunities for growth, and surrounds you with cool, canny fellow travelers—there probably is. Take a look at the careers listed below. If one calls out to you, you should call us...and share why you'd make a great Archer.
Business Analysis Opening
The Archer Group is looking for an Associate Business Analyst with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent web design and development projects. You’ll join an established and collaborative business analysis team that works to bridge the gap between client needs and a developed solution.
In this position you will create functional project requirements, develop documentation for business and technical teams, work with cross-functional project teams to design a solution, and see projects through to release. The Associate Business Analyst is expected to analyze a given business problem or need, produce requirements that clearly communicate the desired solution, and work to ensure the entire project team understands those requirements.
This is a job for a BA with a passion for digital marketing, internet-based products, user experience, and evolving technology. Our ideal candidate is curious and able to ask the right questions, can quickly decipher complex subjects and clearly explain them to others, and is flexible enough to respond to project changes in our dynamic environment.
Experience in web design and development, marketing, e-commerce, or client-based work is strongly preferred.
- Understand clients’ industries, markets, business model, and needs
- Create and maintain project requirements, functional specifications, process diagrams, and other documentation as needed to clarify requirements
- Take ownership of the quality and accuracy of the requirements, resolving any requirement conflicts and discussing changes and decisions with the project team
- Collaborate with user research, user experience, and design teams to create solutions for business requirements
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to assure complete understanding of requirements and support these teams in their ongoing effort to deliver the full scope of the defined requirements
- Serve as the liaison between the development resources and the client acting as the client’s proxy by answering business questions and resolving related issues throughout the project lifecycle
- Create end-user documentation or perform training as needed
- Perform root cause analyses on incidents with technology, systems, and processes
- Maintain standards for use of Confluence and JIRA
- Maintain business process documentation for both client and internal company processes
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 0-4 years of experience within a digital product company, agency, or similar client services-oriented environment
- Experience with digital products, gathering requirements, creating functional specifications, use cases, and process flow diagrams preferred
- Excellent presentation, communication, and technical writing skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills with ability to influence diverse resources, cross-functional teams, and third-party partners
- Ability to easily work with everyone from designers to tech developers to content strategists across all levels of the company
- Strong knowledge of web development process and technologies
- Proven ability to quickly learn new business domains and technical applications
- Enthusiastic problem solver with a drive to take initiative and find an answer
- Analytical and quick thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully navigate between several projects with different teams at once
Experience Design Opening
What we're looking for
We are looking for a collaborative, self-motivated team player who can work across several projects and mediums to produce exceptional interactive design work and provide junior team members guidance under strict deadlines.
The right candidate for this role is comfortable working on diverse projects and shifting gears regularly – an infographic on Tuesday, banner ads on Wednesday, a responsive web site mockup on Thursday etc. The Associate Art Director is willing to do whatever it takes to produce and guide team members through high-quality work that delights clients and isn’t satisfied until the job is done.
This is an opportunity to join our experience design team, play a versatile role where you’ll be challenged and inspired everyday, and grow and develop new skills that will accelerate career advancement within a growing company.
- Develop ideas and guide top quality design work for Archer clients
- Guide and oversee junior level team members through production tasks
- Ensure that design is on brand and strategically aligned with project goals
- Adhere to timelines and schedules set in place
- Collaborate with internal teams and clients
- Effectively present concepts to internal teams and other director staff
- Translate creative direction into effective, engaging design
- Provide direction to junior team members and lead production projects
- 5+ years or more professional experience in interactive design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience and understanding of interactive design principles
- Ability to turn awesome ideas into beautiful and polished designs that are current and clean
- Capability to lead designers and guide them through design challenges
- An eye for typography, composition and page layout
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self-motivated, efficient, and flexible; willingness to take on quick turnaround projects and meet deadlines
- A passion for interactive design
- Understanding of user experience principles
NICE TO HAVES
- Wireframing skills and understanding of UX best practices
- Knowledge of responsive and application design
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Agency experience with large brands
- Photography skills
Employee friendly, perk heavy
Great agency culture is one of those 'you-know-it-when-you-feel-it' kinds of things. So while it would be nearly impossible to perfectly describe the Archer culture, we can tell you that nurturing it is one of our greatest priorities. Because of that, here are 5 things you'll find our Archers routinely doing:
Archer on Tumblr
Big ideas. New hires. Recent work. If it's too long for a Tweet, sometimes we put it here.
Our home base?
We're in Wilmington
We're headquartered in the LoMa district of Wilmington, Delaware, just a few steps from the train station, a handful of blocks from the waterfront, and a 30-mile drive from Center City, Philadelphia. We like it here a lot.